Multiple choice or Standard questions?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tewkesmum

Multiple choice or Standard questions?

Post by Tewkesmum »

Hello, new worried Mum here! I've bought several practice papers in multiple choice format and I've noticed that different counties have different question styles...

Please put me out of my misery and confirm that multiple choice is the Glos format!!

Have purchased Daughtrey Verbal reasoning 11+ Practice test papers pack 2 and variety packs 1&2 NFER Nelson. Have I done the right thing or do I ask for my money back?

Help!!!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Hi Tewkesmum and welcome!

Gloucestershire definitely use multiple choice format.

I have just checked the Crypt website they are recommending this year as practice "GL Assessment 11+ packs – Multiple Choice Verbal Reasons Pack" which is different to last year as I purchased the NFER multiple choice pack. Wondering whether they are one and the same - perhaps somebody else on the forum could help with this and your query with Susan Daughtrey as I am not familiar with these either?

Don't worry Tewkesmum, somebody will be along very shortly and will have the answers!

B
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

GL assessment is the new name for NFER!!!
Susan Daughtrey-the Bright Sparks are the best as they have only 21 types of question,her other books have 35 types.Glos only have 15 types in the actual papers so you may spend time doing question types you don't find in the test!

We used Bright Sparks and Walsh

Good Luck,
GM
Tewkesmum

Post by Tewkesmum »

Thanks to you both. It looks as if I can use the books. Fingers crossed that son understands...
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Tewkesmum,
Welcome from me too! sounds like you are on the right track, I am also from the Tewks area, so we are neighbours.You will find loads fo helpful advice on here, good luck with your practise.

best wishes Proud Mum x2