Newbie Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chelt_Dad

Newbie Question

Post by Chelt_Dad »

My son has just started year 4 and I was wondering when people typically started looking for a tutor and when the aforementioned tutor actually started working with your child? Also how do you typically go about finding a tutor? I can see there are some other forums on this site but cannot find too much information on tutors for Gloucestershire?
Many thanks
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi Chelt dad and welcome!
I would say year 5 would be plenty of time to start-but you may have to book a slot with a tutor before that.Other users on this forum could possibly recommend a tutor to you for the Cheltenham area-but as it is against forum rules to specifically advertise one,they may do so by private message!

I think in the tutors area of this site there are some tutors for Glos??

Good luck,
GM.
Chelt_Dad

Post by Chelt_Dad »

Thanks for the advice gloucestermum, do I need to do anything special to get PM through this site? If anyone does know of a tutor in Cheltenham or surrounding area that they recommend then I would be ever so grateful to have the details PM'd to me. Golly having read some of the other threads there seems to be a lot to this process which i was not aware of previously.
Thanks again
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Chelt dad, I know of a wonderful tutor, she is a retired head teacher, and is a real sweetie.

she only charges a nominal fee, as she loves doing it.She is also fantastic at what she does. Pm me if you want details.

Proud Mum x2
Orson

Post by Orson »

Chelt_Dad

The tests are in November. A good time to start is the January before.
Be warned that you need to get your name down with reputable tutors way before this.

You can't beat word of mouth for finding a decent tutor. Ask parents of children in year 6/7/8 etc. who they used.

Orson
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now