Denmark Road Uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

alisonc

Denmark Road Uniform

Post by alisonc »

Does anyone know if the jumper is compulsory or optional? I've just checked the school website for a last minute check before my daughter starts next Thursday and didn't buy a jumper. I thought it was optional, and because they keep their blazers on all day, she may get hot with the jumper as well, so was leaving it until later in the year. The website states (optional) by the scarf, and (if required) by the cardigan/jumper. The shop in Gloucester didn't say it was required. Please help. Thanks.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I am a Crypt mum-but from what I see of the High School girls none of them ever seem to have a jumper on!!!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Stroud High have a new uniform this year - Sweat Shirts replaced by Jacket (aka blazer) and an optional jumper.

DD did not want a jumper, so was not purchased. On return from several festivals, she spent time on 'phone to friends, and following day jumper was purchased. Ah - the power of peer pressure.
Capers
Piper

Post by Piper »

DD is still asleep, my wife informs me jumpers are optional
alisonc

Post by alisonc »

Thanks for your help. Looking at the prospectus pic, the girls have a jumper on under their blazer, but reading the uniform requirements, I understood it to be optional. I then double checked recently and was worried whether it was optional or not because it only states optional against the scarf and hockey shirt. I think I'll leave it for the moment.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

At Crypt the jumper is optional as they are required to wear their blazers all the time (except Summer term). On the whole DS doesn't wear a jumper and even wears short sleeved shirts all year, however in the depths of winter I had to go and get one as he was cold!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
hetty wainthrop

Denmark Rd uniform

Post by hetty wainthrop »

The school jumper is definitely optional. Hardly any of the girls wear them- in fact during cold spells most of them seem to wear a thin jumper of sorts underneath their school shirt.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now