Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Polite request!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:56 am 

Hi

I've had a thought. Could I politely request that any parents in the gloucestershire area who have a bright child and are considering a selective school, refrain from entering their child for the 11+ this year.

This would make my life much easier! I thank you in advance for your cooperation :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:59 am 

As mine is a boy can we be excused :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:06 pm 

Oh well ... okay - but I would be grateful if you would ensure you do not clog the roads on the morning of Nov 8th when transporting your ds! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:12 pm 

Trying not to think too much about that one as we are coming from the Forest. Them :evil: roadworks. Last week doing the open days it took an hour and half every morning :roll:. My DH has become a but fleeting visitor to our home during the week since they started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:58 pm 

Please feel free to clog the roads as much as you can.

That said, it always causes traffic jams on the way to Saturday Music (which is where the rest of the family will be on that morning). However, DD & I will be walking to the exam (and I'll encourage her to repeatedly press the buttons on the pedestrian crossing, to cause more problems).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:50 pm 

Tolstoy wrote:
Trying not to think too much about that one as we are coming from the Forest. Them :evil: roadworks. Last week doing the open days it took an hour and half every morning :roll:. My DH has become a but fleeting visitor to our home during the week since they started.

Hang on in there...I read that they are due to finish on time although I am not sure this will be before 8th November.

By the way, I am wondering whether the "credit crunch" will encourage more parents to go for the 11+ this year instead of opting for independent...it will be interesting to see the numbers applying for a comparison..

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 pm 

Boo!
That is what they are predicting on the news Burneth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:24 pm 

I am kinding of hoping it wont really kick in until next year depending on if the country goes into a serious depression or not. I am assuming many who had planned on sending their children independent this year would carry on. Not that it helps me either way as DS2 is next year, relying on the fact that I will be more organised and he is more competitive :roll:

Watch out Capers, DH will be taking DS and he does have a tendancy toward road :evil: .

Does anyone know when these roadworks finish :?: I need to visit B&Q and Tesco huge, my children are complaining about still having to wear shorts and we have no socks:!: I thought it was Nov 3rd but could be wrong.