best wishes to all our kids

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
staycalm

best wishes to all our kids

Post by staycalm »

Only a few days to go now, with a mixture of nerves, excitement, and anticipation of the relief we'll all feel when it's behind us!

I want to send my best wishes to all our children sitting their test this weekend, we are proud of them all.

We know they won't all be able to jump through the strangely-shaped hoop that is the 11 +.
However I'm confident that every parent that visits this site does so because they want to support their child. And that's not going to stop, whichever school they attend.

And thanks to all the contributors to this forum, I know it's helped me feel better informed, and stay a bit calmer.
Good luck! :D
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Agreed, good luck to all....roll on Saturday!

Does anybody have any idea how many will be taking the test at Pates?

And a big thanks to this website which has been invaluable to us for downloads and information. Will certainly recommend it in the future.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Jimi wrote: Does anybody have any idea how many will be taking the test at Pates?
I can imagine it will be quite a few hundred....I believe Crypt had well over 200 boys taking the test at their school last year. Remember all your DC have as much chance as the next one of passing so best of luck to you all.

B
xx
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Yes you're right. If you have a capable child who is familiar with the question types then they have a great chance of doing well.

I keep trying to impress this on my son but he's convinced that coach loads of ultra brainy kids from independent prep schools will be arriving on the day. He thinks they just have to turn up and they've passed.... maybe they do :lol:

Thankfully his confidence is peaking at just the right time :D
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Good luck from me too, to you and your DC.

please remember to be calm for them, give them a lovely breakfast, plenty of cuddles, and a talisman for luck ! what will be will be.

Prod Mum x2
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Jimi wrote:I keep trying to impress this on my son but he's convinced that coach loads of ultra brainy kids from independent prep schools will be arriving on the day. He thinks they just have to turn up and they've passed.... maybe they do :lol:
There may be loads of kids from prep schools turning up, but that doesn't make them any brainier than your son! Some parents pay for their children to go to prep schools because they're not that brainy :-)

My DD seems quite happy & relaxed. Mega bouncy at our dance practice this evening :-(
Capers
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Good luck to all your children - I'm sure, with you lot behind them, they'll all do well.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Glos_Mum wrote: I bought DS a lucky talisman this week. It actually had on the packaging that it helps promote confidence etc. Well I don't believe all that codswallop, but he loves it and has had it clipped on to his jeans ever since. Thank you for the great idea.
I once heard an appeal where the parent had given their child a talisman (a lucky sixpence that the parent had struggled to get hold of). A great deal was made of how it would bring luck.

The child lost it between the car and the exam room, and as a consequence of 'loosing his luck', went to pieces during the exam. His academic record was OK, he had passed the exam (but not with a high enough score), and his appeal was allowed (the school having demonstrated that they could take more children without any problems).

However, one thing that can bring luck is a pencil sharpener - especially if both pencils break!
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now