Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:50 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Results
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 1
Location: gloucestershire
Our daughter has recieved her letter and unfortunatly been unsuccessful.in reaching the mark for Denmark or Ribston in Gloucester.
However all along she has been predicted to pass the test with ease by her teachers as she had such a high vrq at the school test.
The letter stated that the school will not give out the results until march, however other people on your site seem to have already recieved there results from schools in the Gloucestershire area.
is there any way of finding out the results sooner :( :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:56 pm
Posts: 2
Very sorry to hear that.

From the feedback we received from the children it appears that one paper was really easy and the other was harded than expected. I think this has probably created a lot of "bunching" of marks (compared with a gradual increase in difficulty which would spread the marks better). As a result I think that less people have passed than expected.

My daughter passed Ribson/Denmark Road but didn't get the mark for Pates (as we expected) - out of all her female friends we have spoken to so far 2 have got into Pates, 1 is in the same position as us and something like 8 didn't get through (out of those there are 2-3 that we would have expected to pass). My view is that this will result in the grammar schools other than Pates being undersubscribed so that some people will get through if they appeal. But what do I know ......!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Results
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:20 pm
Posts: 903
Location: On another planet called Gloucester!
skystorm wrote:
Our daughter has recieved her letter and unfortunatly been unsuccessful.in reaching the mark for Denmark or Ribston in Gloucester.
However all along she has been predicted to pass the test with ease by her teachers as she had such a high vrq at the school test.
The letter stated that the school will not give out the results until march, however other people on your site seem to have already recieved there results from schools in the Gloucestershire area.
is there any way of finding out the results sooner :( :(


Hi there Skystorm, so sorry to hear about your DD. The scores that have been posted on this forum are only for Crypt and those falling outside the first 160 for Pates. I am not sure whether the Stroud Grammars gave out scores as well however Tommies, Denmark and Ribston just gave a pass or fail at this stage. It is very frustrating that they all don't follow the same system.

_________________
Image

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Results
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 1827
Location: Gloucestershire
Burneth wrote:
Hi there Skystorm, so sorry to hear about your DD. The scores that have been posted on this forum are only for Crypt and those falling outside the first 160 for Pates. I am not sure whether the Stroud Grammars gave out scores as well however Tommies, Denmark and Ribston just gave a pass or fail at this stage. It is very frustrating that they all don't follow the same system.


Stroud High give: Pass over 120 (no score given), Pass but below 120 (score given), Fail (not sure if score is given).

Marling give Pass or Fail, and then the quintile above or below pass level. I think each quintile above pass is 42 children. So top 3 quintiles will get in, 4th possibly, 5th - less likely, but still slight chance.

_________________
Capers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 42
Location: gloucestershire
A bit late!!!! Sorry BUT ........we got stroud and ribston!!!.From reading this I think we just missed denmark,but happy anyway.Will most likely go for ribston!

Congrats to all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:20 pm
Posts: 903
Location: On another planet called Gloucester!
fantastic news shaann - well done little shaann!

_________________
Image

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Results
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 660
.


Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 1827
Location: Gloucestershire
shaann wrote:
A bit late!!!! Sorry BUT ........we got stroud and ribston!!!.From reading this I think we just missed denmark,but happy anyway.Will most likely go for ribston!


So did your DD get a >120 pass with no score, or a <120 with a ranking position for Stroud High?

What letters did you get from the 2 Gloucester grammars?

_________________
Capers


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016