Now for the long wait...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Orson

Post by Orson »

Forgive me for showing off but did the test in under 2 mins and made no errors. :wink:

Orson
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Awwww, c'mon Orson..that's not the kinda post that makes me feel good .. :? I give you 10/10 and a 'must try harder' for the rest of us. Now I want another one just so I can beat you!!! (not that I am competitive)

<<< throws a hissy fit, stamps her feet slams the bedroom door shouting
"It's just NOT fair"

:lol:
chad

Post by chad »

Did it...... with 4 1/2 mins to spare...... would have done it in about 3 mins but got stuck on the last one (forgot about the two sequence option).....

C'mon Orson..... that's just being teacher's pet....
My excuse is that it is now over 3 years since I set eyes on an 11+ paper..... do you think it would help at appeal? :oops: :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

chad wrote:Did it...... with 4 1/2 mins to spare
Snap! :lol: I did 13 of the questions in less than 3 minutes, but it was the codes that slowed me up - I hate them! But, just like Aunty Patricia always tells us to, when I couldn't get them at first sight, I moved on and came back to them. :D

I just can't believe that it took me 2 minutes to solve those 2 questions. :roll:
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

15 out of 15 and in just over 4 minutes.

Looks like your VR is better than your Maths Sally-Anne! :lol:

Lucky it wasn't NVR or I'd be using my summer birthday and lack of sleep as mitigating circumstances. :oops:
patricia

Post by patricia »

Sally-Anne wrote: But, just like Aunty Patricia always tells us to, when I couldn't get them at first sight, I moved on and came back to them. :D
:
But one should never leave codes, you have to say to yourself, 'I know these will take me a bit longer to complete but that does not matter because I am going to get 100% marks!'

I got them all right [ would have been a bit embarrassing if I scored anything less!] but didn't take note of the time.

Patrica
solimum

Post by solimum »

If these are the codes on the BBC site I nearly thought "can't be bothered" but then noticed there was a pair of repeated letters at the end of two words - thus it was easy to spot which number pair coded for those letters, and then to match the other words using just those letters without having to solve the whole code... (well, I was quite pleased with myself!)

Does anyone ever do the codeword puzzle in the Times? (back page of T2) - I usually get to the point where I have to make a reasonable guess, but usually it works out OK, although once otr twice I've gone down a blind alley having forgotten an obvious alternative word...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

patricia wrote:But one should never leave codes, you have to say to yourself, 'I know these will take me a bit longer to complete but that does not matter because I am going to get 100% marks!'
Type N is my blind spot in VR! It takes me far longer to do one of them than it does to do a Type Z. :roll:

So, it's "circle the question and move on" for me!