Post Latymer results here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Susushi

Re: Post Latymer results here

Post by Susushi »

Congrats to everyone who has got a 'successful' letter today! Enjoy the moment!!

Just a small word of caution - we received a type 1 letter last year but DS ended up on the waiting list which was a terrible shock to us all! He got in quite quickly and is now enjoying Latymer life to the full, but I wanted everyone to know that even type 1 is far from the end of it.

I suppose my point is that, nearer offers day, it is worth reminding your child that it isn't a done deal. For now, obviously, celebrate as much as you can because they have worked very hard and deserve it.

Good luck to all those still waiting for the post.
11+Utopia

Post by 11+Utopia »

Hi Susushi

Thanks for the word of caution, your absolutely right we should be a little cautious and hold off on the laps of honour around Edmonton ( Although I'd give any mugger a run for the money today with my adrenaline level!) :wink: .

I'm so pleased for everyone who's got letter 1, Lemondrop, sa05, Motion, Moonraker, Leanwolf, Nlmum, Creamsoda.... everyone..x

Thank you also Copella, rebz, berks_mum...and everyone else who takes the time to post advice for all us desperadoes.

AAmum, my heart goes out to you stuck at work! best of luck.
Fembot3

Post by Fembot3 »

Sorry to hear annipear, that you didn't get the news you hoped for. Obviously you know that all this work wasn't in vain, and he will do well at whichever school he eventually goes to. His result is an amazing achievement! With regard to safety at schools, completely understand what davyboy is saying about Latymer, but hopefully it'll put your mind at rest to know that most schools have some issue with safety. Parents at HBS have received letters from the school in the past with regard to suspicious people loitering around the school & near the woods, and for the girls to be aware & not to walk alone if possible. This is in Hampstead Garden Suburbs!
lastminmum

Post by lastminmum »

Well done to all dcs who sat the exam! Big hug to you lemondrop - so glad its a letter 1. Still at work, no chance of finding out what letter we got until much later
Nlmum

Post by Nlmum »

Hi Susushi,

That happened to a friend of mine last year. Her ds was eventually offered a place.

My husband has called the school this afternoon and although they will not give exact rankings they will give an indication e.g. top 100 etc. If you call maybe that would help settle things in your mind.
Good luck
longtimelurking

Post by longtimelurking »

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this board since DS sat the test for Latymer in September and just wanted to confirm what a few other posters have said about the school providing additional information if you ring. We happily had letter 1 this morning and after reading what davyboy said I rang to see if I could get an idea about where we were in the band. I spoke to a weary-sounding Miss Connolly who said that DS was in the top 186. Obviously we are delighted with this result!! We had been planning on last minute visits to schools 5 and 6 on our list as they were our only definite hopes but we missed the open evenings, but won't bother now. Good luck to everyone who still has to find out their result!
chilledsonnervousdad

Post by chilledsonnervousdad »

If the letter mentions that a child is in top 350, wouldn't it have gone to 350 students. Apologies if I sound dense, but I thought someone mentioned that it goes on to 285.
copella

Post by copella »

Congratulations to everyone who got high ranks. So pleased they give you some clarity about ranks. Sorry however to those who did not quite score enough.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you ll, this is really great news that parents can find out if they would actually get a place if they applied. This is the information that every parent should be entitled to. DG
davyboy

Post by davyboy »

Daogroupie wrote:Thank you ll, this is really great news that parents can find out if they would actually get a place if they applied. This is the information that every parent should be entitled to. DG
Technically they can't give you this with any certainty, unless your kid's in the top 180 I suppose.