Come on HBS! CAFs need to be in and we all need to move on!

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BNN

Re: Come on HBS! CAFs need to be in and we all need to move

Post by BNN »

hmm... It would seem to me that those who want HBS will list it as their first option anyway (if the first round results are positive)
easterrush

Post by easterrush »

:)
Last edited by easterrush on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sa05

Post by sa05 »

Easterrush. Of course it matters when we find out. It's not my only choice but knowing HBS Outcome will help me to indicate my preferences in the correct order on the CAF.
easterrush

Post by easterrush »

?
Last edited by easterrush on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawshank

Post by Shawshank »

I'm trying to decide whether HBS are arrogant, incompetent or a combination of the two. As it is aren't they doing what the Government has said they shouldn't ie not completing ALL their entry tests and issuing results before 31st October? What is received tomorrow will only be telling you if you have a 30% chance of getting in. How ridiculous. And as for stage one, if you say you will issue results by a certain date originally, frankly you need to deliver to those expectations WITHOUT FAIL. Utterly incompetent to do otherwise. Why blame the number of applicants? They'd have known how many applied at quite a very early stage so should have planned accordingly. So if there are children/parents who are successful tomorrow and have further questions for the school before making their choices, then I assume no-one will be around next week as it is half term. A big round of applause to HBS for a job well done.
BNN

Post by BNN »

Shawshank wrote:I'm trying to decide whether HBS are arrogant, incompetent or a combination of the two.
Very likely the former, knowing that people will still list it at the top even if there's a one-third chance :)
easterrush

Post by easterrush »

BNN wrote:
Shawshank wrote:I'm trying to decide whether HBS are arrogant, incompetent or a combination of the two.
Very likely the former, knowing that people will still list it at the top even if there's a one-third chance :)
Last edited by easterrush on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BNN

Post by BNN »

easterrush wrote:are you sure? if it takes so long for a school to release the first round results, there could be an issue with resource or funding.
I'm hoping a school like HBS doesn't have funding issues :wink:

It's not correct to generalize but everyone I know seems to 'want' HBS. Also Tiffin Girls has another round to go, so the HBS situation wouldn't be very different to it ?
11+Utopia

Post by 11+Utopia »

They will lose some girls by splitting the exam. I know of 4 girls in my dd school (my dd included) who have secured DAO and/or Latymer who will not be sitting HBS even if they rank in the top 300. If the numbers at our school are matched elsewhere you stand a much better chance of getting in if you decide to persevere. Good luck to everyone waiting.
WhetstoneDad2

Post by WhetstoneDad2 »

I very much doubt that HBS are being arrogant and delaying the results on that basis.

With relatively new Admin. staff and a very high number of exam candidates this would stretch resources. Additionally there may have been a delay upstream ( from the examiners).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now