Parmiters results

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
W p p Fernando

Re: Parmiters results

Post by W p p Fernando »

Please tell me... What's has happen? I'm confused. If my DS is number 1 in the waiting list, how did it went to another child?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

W p p Fernando wrote:Please tell me... What's has happen? I'm confused. If my DS is number 1 in the waiting list, how did it went to another child?
You really need to ask the school or your LEA for an update, but the two main possibilities are either that there was a late addition to the waiting list who slotted in above you, or there has been at least one successful appeal, which has taken the school to or over PAN and no more waiting list applicants will be admitted until more children withdraw for some reason and take the numbers below PAN again.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Parmiters have had their appeals and at least one family has won a place so Rakkis place has been given to their dc.

When the appeal is won the place has to be allocated which takes the school over PAN. To get back to PAN they will not fill the next place that comes up.

We don't know how many appeals place have been granted. WP, is there a way that we can find out how many appeals were successful?

Did you file an appeal WPP Fernando? DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If one is fairly sure that the late addition to the waiting list scenario is unlikely, then the way for W p p Fernando to find out how many successful appellants have accepted their place is to ask the relevant authority (school / LEA) what position their DC now is on the waiting list. That they are entitled to be told, one would think, as the information pertains to them personally, whereas they may not get an answer to 'How many appeals were successful?'. In any case, what is relevant to them is the current position on the waiting list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tense

Post by tense »

DG - I do not know for certain when Parmiter's appeals are heard, but I think it's a little early for this process to be all done & dusted. The timetable says appeals will be heard between 7 May-18 June. In previous years, outcomes haven't been communicated until late June/early July. Very few consortium appeals are successful.

I agreed with Toadmum - WPP should ask the school / LEA for an official update.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

At least some of the DAO appeals have been completed as we know of those who were offered a place last week.

WPP Fernando, you need to find out from the school why you were not allocated the non catchment academic place that Rakki gave up last week. You were originally Number 2 and Rakki was Number 1, then he got the place making you Number 1, then he gave up the place but you did not get it.

You need to find out if you are still number one and what happened to the place Rakki gave up. DG
W p p Fernando

Post by W p p Fernando »

yes DG & Rakki, it feels like the whole world has fallen down. We were so happy last week that we will get the place but....it has all changed now, I guess. I'm going to call Parmiters next week as they are not answering the phone this half term. It was so close but got vanished in few couple of days. I feel sorry for my DS as he was so happy he was going to get it but now..... Thanks everyone for your kind support x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It was irresponsible of DG to tell you you had a place - she is not admissions.

I trust she will think twice before posting this sort of information in future.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

I agree with your point about the need for caution. I'm sure everyone sees that now. But those who broke the news thought they were helping another family. Lessons learned all around no doubt. How W p p Fernando wrote about it suggests that rakki2004 may have communicated the news, not just DAOgroupie.
W p p Fernando wrote:Heard from rakki2004 that my son got the place in parmiters but now waiting for that happy call and letter to arrive. At the moment very happy mum & Son... Thanks to the wonderful news from rakki2004 and DG xx
It didn't work out as expected. We often see it here. People claim that a certain result guarantees a place. Some have parties too early. Etc.

As a parent, I wouldn't have shared that info with my child until I had heard something official. But, I'm risk averse. Again, I think people acted in good faith. The need for caution is now clear. Hopefully. Fernando, there's still plenty of time between now and September. You were really close, so you must still be very high on the waiting list. Hang on in there. Good luck.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
W p p Fernando

Post by W p p Fernando »

DG and Rakki was truly helping my family. Me and my DS was always a team. We studied 11 plus together and found the results together. Parmiters was one of his favourite schools. It was a little bit heartbreaking news for us but we will wait and see. Thanks everyone.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now