SW Herts and Mill Hill exam clash

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lizhill

Re: SW Herts and Mill Hill exam clash

Post by Lizhill »

We have been given 8:15 at SW Herts and 2:30 at Mill Hill. Rads as DAOgroupie suggested keep asking both of them till they agree.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I am really pleased to hear that you also have been given doable time slots. Those students who have done well enough to be one of the 240 in the second round at Mill Hill have the right to sit both exams.

I would push for the 815am at any SW Herts School and the 230pm at Mill Hill. I have known of students every year who have managed this and ended up with results that enabled them to apply to both schools.

Tell them that you know of other people who have been given these slots. DG
Rads2005

Post by Rads2005 »

Hi DG & Lizhill,

Thanks for your responses.

Will try ....
Lizhill

Post by Lizhill »

Best of luck Rads ...let us know of the outcome
arch2000

Post by arch2000 »

Hi,

Mine is even worse. I have got 9.30 slot at mill hill and 12.30 slot at St.Clement Danes. I tried with both the schools. They refused to give us alternate slots. I am forced to choose one.

It's annoying that after succeeding in the first exam, we are left with this situation.

All the best Rads, Let us know if you succeed.

Regards,
arch.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You are not forced to choose one. You need to read the admission code and quote it to them where every student has to be treated equally. You can see for a fact on this forum that it is possible to sit both and I know of several more examples of students who have this year been given slots enabling them to sit both exams.

You need to insist on being treated equally with other students. I know of students who managed to sit the backup date of three different schools.

You have nothing to lose at this point as you will not be able to sit both schools with the time slots you have been allocated.

You need to ask for the earliest slot for SW Herts and the latest slot for Mill Hill. Offer to sit anywhere in SW Herts, lots of students will be glad of your Clement Danes slot. DG