CI Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rivermoon

Post by rivermoon »

I totally agree with you Watmum,

I think it's totally inconsiderate and selfish. We were lucky to be told before buying any uniform , but to start school after first day of term is just hard on a child and parents.
Laser123

Post by Laser123 »

To Jee,

Replying to your query about my son's position on the CI List - we are on the outer area list and last time we checked which was a couple of months ago - he was in 3rd position and his score was 247.

Thanks

Laser123
jee

CI List

Post by jee »

Thanks for your reply - Laser123.
Rivermoon - Was your DS offered a place under the 'outer catchment'criteria?

Curious mum - Jee.
mad?

Post by mad? »

watmum wrote:I've said it before, and I will say it again, this scenario happens every year, how hard is it, for goodness sake, to politely decline your offer of a place if you decide to go independent? it just does not make sense to me. *Off high horse now*
I agree if that is what happened it is really selfish but...having been offered their first choice (state) school in late July two of my neighbours accepted it, telephoned, emailed AND wrote to both schools AND admissions dept informing them of their decision to accept first choice and now reject 3nd/4th choice which they had been allocated and accepted on allocations day. Sure enough on Monday they both got calls from the rejected schools asking them where their children were. They could not have done more to keep all the relevant parties involved and despite their best efforts someone will be moving school in the first week. My point being that certainly in some LAs and schools the wheels of bureaucracy do not always run smoothly if at all...
mad?
watmum

Post by watmum »

fair point Mad? and I guess that it could happen, administrative errors do occur.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now