SW Consortium Schools tests for year 7 entry 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watfordmum66

SW Consortium Schools tests for year 7 entry 2010

Post by watfordmum66 »

I noticed on WGBS website that they are now stating when the tests for this year will be.

Academic Test 21 November 2009

Music Written Test 10th November 2009

Music Auditions 23rd -27th November 2009
busybee

Post by busybee »

Hi there
I am new to all this! Trying to figure out if I should get my DS to sit QE test too!
My ideal would be for him to get into WGB.
Can someone please tell me at Watford exams are they VR multiple choice or standard version? What about Maths?
Also what time do they normally expect you to start exam?
All so stressful.
Thanks
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

The VR and maths exams are standard versions and due to the large number of children taking the tests there are a number of sittings on the day of the test. Last year there were 3 sittings.

Have a look at the stickies at the top of the Hertfordshire forum for more details about the tests.

Alison
tense

Post by tense »

There's loads of useful info about the consortium exam in WP's excellent sticky (top of page).

You also mention QE; lots of old posts about this exam. But your post about school buses suggests you live in Herts - if so, remember you can only express 3 preferences on your CAF form!!! So you might want to consider a "banker" choice as well as a couple of the more over-subscribed schools.

It is stressful, but the posters on here are very helpful & friendly :lol: Good luck.
Josa

Post by Josa »

Hi tense,

Could you please confirm that if I live in Hertfordshire and I'm applying to schools in Hertforshire and Barnet, I'm only allowed 3 preferences in total even if the schools are not from the same counties?

If this is the case, it this a new rule or has it always been the case and does the same rule applies to Barnet residents?

Thanks
WP

Post by WP »

Josa wrote:Could you please confirm that if I live in Hertfordshire and I'm applying to schools in Hertforshire and Barnet, I'm only allowed 3 preferences in total even if the schools are not from the same counties?

If this is the case, it this a new rule or has it always been the case and does the same rule applies to Barnet residents?
You apply through the local authority in which you live, regardless of the location of the schools you're applying for. So Hertfordshire residents get 3 preferences, while Barnet residents get 6, even if they're applying for the same schools. It's not a new rule.
Josa

Post by Josa »

Thank you WP for clarifying this.
tense

Post by tense »

Thanks WP.

Many Herts residents would like 6 preferences! I am in SW Herts, close to Barnet & Harrow, and many children from those areas (& beyond) attend schools round here. Personally, that in itself doesn't bother me, I just wish I had had six preferences too.
WP

Post by WP »

tense wrote:Many Herts residents would like 6 preferences! I am in SW Herts, close to Barnet & Harrow, and many children from those areas (& beyond) attend schools round here. Personally, that in itself doesn't bother me, I just wish I had had six preferences too.
Me too! As you may know, the county is considering expanding the number of preferences in future years, among other things:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=10498
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now