Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:21 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:54 am
Posts: 10
Can someone please shed some light on allocation day. Can you access your information on the same day as allocation, 1st March? In the moving on booklet it says, if you applied online you can access it on the 2nd. In the sticky questions it says you will be sent an email on the allocation day after 1.pm.

It’s going to be hard enough to concentrate on the day job, I just need to know if I’m going to be useless on the first or the second, so I can warn my colleagues…


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:34 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Watford, Herts
Last year, I applied online and an email was sent to me containing details of my son's allocated school around 1pm or so on the actual allocation day.

I didn't log into the website to check our allocation until the next day so I can't say when that was updated.

Of course, it may be different this year. I haven't got last year's allocation booklet to check what was said about notifications. Perhaps someone else has still got it?

Fingers crossed for all those awaiting allocations this year
Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:26 am
Posts: 1324
Location: Watford, Herts
Carpe diem wrote:
Can someone please shed some light on allocation day. Can you access your information on the same day as allocation, 1st March? In the moving on booklet it says, if you applied online you can access it on the 2nd. In the sticky questions it says you will be sent an email on the allocation day after 1.pm.

The sticky describes what's happened for the last few years, but it seems there's been a change this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 6684
Location: Herts
I have just read it too. I had assumed it was the same as last year, but it is not. Letters are posted first class on Monday 1st March, there is no email this year but those who applied online can view their allocations from 9am on Tuesday 2nd March. Time to change the sticky WP! And it is back to the good old postie and ripping the letter open at the door! Will I be able to contain myself until dd returns from school??? I think perhaps we will go in late.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:26 am
Posts: 1324
Location: Watford, Herts
Daogroupie wrote:
I have just read it too. I had assumed it was the same as last year, but it is not. Letters are posted first class on Monday 1st March, there is no email this year but those who applied online can view their allocations from 9am on Tuesday 2nd March. Time to change the sticky WP!

Done. There is still an email, but they don't say when it's sent.

Perhaps now that they have a high takeup rate on the online system they feel they can withdraw the carrot of early notification.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Herts
I'm a little confused by this.

Our post arrives late, so this means that my DS will go to school on 2 March not knowing the result. But others in the class may know.

Does the school know on 2 March? If so, do they tell the children?

I was just thinking it might be upsetting for him (and others) if they find out at school that they have been allocated the school no-one wants, rather than discovering in the privacy of their own home.

PS Thanks, WP, for all your updating.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:26 am
Posts: 1324
Location: Watford, Herts
Sally Herts wrote:
Our post arrives late, so this means that my DS will go to school on 2 March not knowing the result. But others in the class may know.

Does the school know on 2 March? If so, do they tell the children?

I was just thinking it might be upsetting for him (and others) if they find out at school that they have been allocated the school no-one wants, rather than discovering in the privacy of their own home.

I believe that primary school heads do know, but they're not allowed to tell. So he will find out from you.

The booklet says letters are posted on the 1st and the website opens at 9 am on the 2nd, but it's vague about when the emails are sent. I've just rung the council, and been told the emails will be sent some time on the 2nd. (That's a change from previous years, when you got the email on the afternoon of allocation day and the allocation appeared on the website an hour or two later, before the letter arrived the next day.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:30 pm
Posts: 279
Location: Hertfordshire
Hi

I use to work in a school office. Yes the heads get a copy of the allocations for their y6 pupils. They won't tell the pupils, but on allocations day some Heads will tell the parents, if they not been home to get the post or have no access to a computer.

But the problem is some pupils will know before they go to school as they get their post early and others won't find out until home time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Herts
Thank you for those answers.

If I were in charge, I'd make the allocations letter arrive on a Saturday. Then all the children would arrive at school on the Monday in equal possession of the facts. :D

Do you think I could stalk the neighbouring streets at 7am looking for our postman :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 am
Posts: 155
How well do you know your postman? Ours starts in the village about 4h before he gets to us, and yes, I did work out his route, where he was around a certain time, and lay in wait for him...I will be doing the same in a few weeks' time, too!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016