Clarity around allocation day?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
skools

Post by skools »

So who else has had the e mail from Herts Admissions saying don't forget your password etc so you can get your allocation on 2nd March.
An earlier post said we could find out Mon 1st or did I miss read the post?
Wish they would just say when once and for all. All this speculation too much for me.
Knowing that the Head of our Primary school will know about my child tomorrow is making it even worse.
bluerabbit

email from herts council

Post by bluerabbit »

yes, i received the email too. I can't believe it as I was specifically told on the phone that I could go online on the 1st and see the allocation on that day!

and yes I feel so much worse knowing that the primary school head will know six days before we do!!
Daogroupie

Email from Herts

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes I got it, no mention of the email so it looks like we will have no news on 1st March. Can we bear it? The school knowing for FOUR days before us.
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

Well, pedantic type that I am, I checked what previous admission arrangements I could find and 2008 also said schools would get the information on 25th February.

They didn't.

It came in on the afternoon of the Allocation day. So I'm not expecting this year to be any different.

I'll be checking my log-in on the 1st as that's what the individual emails and phone messages have been saying to do. The email that's been sent out today I think is an automated one.
Carpe diem

Post by Carpe diem »

Well I feel that my original question has gone full circle. Having also received the email I decided to log in, just to check that I could. Interestingly once you have logged in you have the option to view the admission timetable. On there it says you can view the on line application from early evening on the 1st.

This is madness, so much conflicting information. I know that it wont change anything, if we know Monday or Tuesday but it’s the uncertainty that others may know at different times.

Very best of luck to all the children, it's going to be a very difficult week for them at school......
Charl39

L B Barnet Admissions

Post by Charl39 »

For Barnet Admissions, I just phoned them to confirm, and they've said for those who submitted their forms online the result will be available on 2nd March at 7am (let's hope the systems doesn't crash when everyone logs on at the same time!) and for paper applications the letters will be posted on 1st March and should arrive on 2nd March.

Good luck to everyone waiting. This has felt like the longest wait ever.
Charl39
bluerabbit

offer day

Post by bluerabbit »

I made another call to Herts council to make it clear.

We will NOT be able to go online and see allocations on the 1st March but emails will be sent out on that day after working hours to all those who applied online and have confirmed their email address.

So if they have your confirmed email address you will know on Monday.
Daogroupie

Getting the email on 1st March

Post by Daogroupie »

So what did we have to do to confirm our email address, do we just hit reply to the automated email they sent us? Well done for finding this out. It is so important to understand how they are going to tell us and when. We need to be able to plan how we are going to cope. And we need to be IN!
bluerabbit

email on 1st March

Post by bluerabbit »

If you log in using your Parent ID, username and password you will see your details and where it has your email address it should say CONFIRMED after it.
PD mum

Post by PD mum »

Parents, check that your (service provider's) junk mail filter doesn't automatically put your long-awaited email in it's junk mail box! This is what happened to me 2 years ago - everyone got their email apart from me. I eventually logged onto the system to find out the news, hours later than all of my friends. :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now