Clement Danes Waiting List - Help Needed Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

winnie

Post by winnie »

Confused, you hold a very good position on the waiting list. Don't forget that some people who were allocated St CD will have ranked it 2nd or 3rd and will be hoping to get a different school. We were 7th last year and got a place at the beginning of April. Dc's classmate got a place in July. Typically, the academic list doesn't move a huge amount because of the small numbers involved - 21 places (10%). However I would be very optimistic in your situation.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Hi Winnie

Thanks for your response and information, which I greatly appreciate. It is very comforting to know what other peoples' experiences are.

Although my DC is 3rd on academic waiting list, I still can't help stressing and worrying ... guess its in my nature :roll:

I agree, CD is not mentioned on this site much ... still haven't worked out why though :?

Can't believe a child didn't turn up on the first day, but I guess it could have been down to a number of possible reasons. However, I do find it rather a selfish act (on the part of the respective parents), if they failed to notify the school that the child would not be attending. When there are so many children wanting to get school places, I find it very selfish if someone doesn't have the courtesy to think of others.

CD urge parents not to contact the school to enquire re admissions, yet, as time passes, I am finding it more and more difficult not to pick up the phone. However, I don't want it to have a negative effect in any shape or form :?

It would be comforting if I could find actual facts as to how far they went down on lists last year, but I guess it would only be a rough indication on what COULD happen this year.

I don't like this feeling of uncertainty ... then who does? :wink: and I, like so many others, would like all this process to be over ASAP, at least then I could start thinking about buying the uniform, etc.

You and your DC did well, to move up by that amount ... bet you were ecstatic ! :D

From our experience of visits, it seems an absolutely wonderful school, which will meet my child's needs on many levels (which is why we ranked it as Number 1).

Having read your comment about April, has provided some comfort.

The odd thing is I am more anxious for the next few weeks to pass by than I was for Allocation Day to come ... oh well.

Thanks again for everything and for the good luck wishes, and I hope that other people will provide some input ... it will be greatly appreciated (just as a comparison), not only by myself, but also hopefully by others.

Best wishes x
Knowledge is power

winnie

Post by winnie »

Hi Confused, I hope you are feeling more confident now. I am sure you will get good news in the next round. I agree that this stage is agonising, and unfortunately SCD took ages to sort out their reallocations last year. I would avoid ringing admissions; they won't be able to tell you much at this early stage. I did ring last year and felt really knocked back afterwards. (She was very kind and helpful when she rang to offer a place later on though). My advice is to try to distract yourself if possible over the next few weeks, easier said then done but I speak from experience! (My method of distraction was to gradually cross off the days on the calendar!)

Regarding the boy who didin't turn up last year - he would have attended the induction session in July so I guess he got a last minute offer from a higher ranked school. Perhaps the parents assumed that SCD would be told? Who knows!!

I'm feeling really positive for you! Good luck!
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

St Clement Danes Waiting List IS moving !!! :-)

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

For the kind people who have offered support, I just wanted to update you (copied from another thread).

DC was offered 2nd choice school on Allocation Day, and was OK with that, but still REALLY wanted the 1st choice school (St Clement Danes), for which DC was then 3rd on the Academic waiting list.

Last week I found out DC's VR & Maths results, and actually realised that DC had scored enough to get into the 1st choice school, but unfortunately (for us) it then went down to distance, hence DC's 3rd place on the waiting list.

It gives me HUGE pleasure to confirm that we have received the offer letter from 1st choice school (St Clement Danes) and DC and our family are TOTALLY OVER THE MOON !!!

I cannot thank everybody on this forum enough for all of your kindness and support ... you guys are WONDERFUL !!!
Knowledge is power