Request to those choosing indies over other schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Charl39

Request to those choosing indies over other schools

Post by Charl39 »

Hi all

Please see my post on the Independent Schools board that could potentially affect many of us. I am trying to keep the post high on that forum to hopefully influence people's thinking so please keep on reading and replying to it if you have any views.

But please don't respond to this thread as I've been asked not to post multiple threads.

Many thanks

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=14210
Charl39
matthews

Post by matthews »

Yes please anyone with news please let us know. This is not just agony for the parents, but also the children. Who after months of preparation and then exams, find themselves still waiting. Not a good situation for anyone, let alone 10-11 year old children.
Thankyou
lotsakids

Post by lotsakids »

Just posted my 'decline' form back to Parmiter's. Good news coming someone's way soon.
matthews

Post by matthews »

Thankyou Lotsakids for letting us know.
splishy

Post by splishy »

It seems to me like potential gridlock! People holding indie places are having it tough too - it's not necessarily the case that they have all the options. I have a friend holding an Indie place (deposit paid) which they would happily give up if a continued interest/appeal place comes up on their preferred state option. Some people have accepted an indie place out of desperation because they didn't get ANY of their three state school choices and they will most probably have to rely on an Appeal to get in as they are extremely popular schools with the chance of someone turning them down being slim!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now