Herts outturn report

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WP

Herts outturn report

Post by WP »

Herts have published an Outturn Report on Secondary/Upper Allocations 2010 (compare last year's report). There's a lot of detail, but here are some points that I noticed:

The number of applicants allocated a school that they didn't put on their form (Non-Ranked Allocations, or NRAs) was 69 in Hertsmere (down from 130 last year), 96 in Three Rivers (was 204) and 71 in Watford (was 193). Westfield got 108 of those, and is again overallocated, while Francis Combe and the Bushey Academy were filled without any NRAs. Hertswood had 60. I'm not sure where the rest went, Hemel or north London schools, I guess.

(edit: removed nonsense about number of applications)

DAO again got half its intake from outside Herts, while the Watford grammars took 22 children each from outside the county. Parmiter's took 13, presumably mostly siblings.
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

Because the number of applications exceeds 1000, then the formatting in the report is out. However, I think the number of applications for Queens should be 1109 (not 9110), Parmiters 1245 (not 5124) and DAO 1288 (not 8128). Thanks for pointing this report out. Very useful.
WP

Post by WP »

:oops: Wasn't thinking clearly at all! Must consume more stimulants. Thanks.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Re: Herts outturn report

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

[quote="WP"]Herts have published an Outturn Report on Secondary/Upper Allocations 2010

Having read the report initially, I then found out from someone else on this forum that a child that the person knew, had been offered Bushey Academy (a non-ranked school), yet this statistic was not reflected in the Herts outturn report.

Added to that, a child at my DC's school was also allocated Bushey Academy (again, a non-ranked school). So that makes at least 2 NRAs for Bushey Academy this year (2010), yet the Herts Outturn report seemed to have stated that Bushey Academy had 0 NRAs this year.

The person who pointed this out on the forum contacted Herts and Herts admitted that there had been an error in their document.

I have just had a look again, and the link is now dead.

Hopefully, Herts are going to update their report soon with factual figures ? :-)
Knowledge is power

WP

Post by WP »

Now at http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/s/secuppoutturn but not yet corrected, I think.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now