Cats Tests in Year 7

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluerabbit

CATS

Post by bluerabbit »

Hi Confused, thanks for that info.

Congratulations to your dc on such a fantastic result. Is your dc's school in Herts. They haven't done this at my dd's school. I wonder if it will eventually become the norm.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Hi bluerabbit

Yes, the school is within Herts. So far, I haven't heard of it being done at any other local schools, but it may be happening and I just don't know about it :wink:

:idea: Maybe you could enquire at your DD's school as to whether they have any plans to do it? If they don't, maybe you could suggest it to them?

Thanks for your kind feedback re my child's results :D
Knowledge is power

Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Hi. Does a school show the children technique's in vr and nvr before doing a cats test so they know what on earth they are looking at?
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Hi Midget Man

My child's school did a VERY, VERY brief coverage of VR (just before the November secondary school VR test), but it wasn't really beneficial ... they didn't cover all the types of questions, and from what my child said, it wasn't explained very well. He basically learned what he did at home, with myself (in preparation for the November Secondary School VR exam). He himself said to me that if he had relied on what he had learned at school re the VR, then there would have been no way that he could have done the test.

Other parents also mentioned that they thought the coverage by the school was very poor, and not much help.

My child's school didn't show the children anything related to NVR at all, but maybe other schools do .... ???

But, all the above is just from my child's personal experience.

It may well be different in different schools.
Knowledge is power

Daogroupie

Thank you for the info

Post by Daogroupie »

Most helpful info Confused, Thanks so much. How are your waiting lists going? With all the movement at QEB, HBS and Parimiters I would hope that other Watford lists would start to move.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Success !

Hi DAOGroupie ... good news ... DC got offered 1st choice school ! :D

Have PM'd you x
Knowledge is power

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now