Waiting list for Watford boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
andypandy38

Post by andypandy38 »

The wait is over.....he has today finally decided to go with his second choice school and turn down the Clement Danes place - academically there was nothing in it between the two schools, decision has been based on his journey and travelling time more than anything else. Today written to CD to let them know - just in case LA don't bother (see other postings on this site). I'm sure there will be someone chomping at the bit for a CD place.....in the meantime still hoping a Watford place comes up and the 7 people ahead of him don't want it....although seems like an unlikely scenario!
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

Hi andypandy,

Great news that you have made your decision!!

Can I just ask which school you have accepted?

Also, could you please update the 'post here if you have declined offer' thread.

Many Thanks and good luck to your DC when they start secondary school.
xx
WP

Post by WP »

stardreamer wrote:There are benefits to being born in the first part of the school year but this whole standardization is a real negative.
I'm not sure about that. As you say, children born early in the school year have an advantage. Younger children tend to score less highly than older ones, so some form of age standardization is required to prevent them from being disadvantaged.
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

The comment which I made earlier was meant 'tongue in cheek'!!!!!!!

I completely understand and agree with the standardization system. I have children who were born at different times through out the academic year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now