Do we need to send in proof of Address with SIF

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
busybee

Do we need to send in proof of Address with SIF

Post by busybee »

All
All schools have different policies .... Parmiters are saying yes they need a utility bill/ child benefit letter or driving licence. WGBS are saying nothing is needed and St Clements Dane are saying they might ask at later stage.
Its confusing - anyone can shed light?
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I seem to remember from last year that different schools had their own policies about whether proof of address documentation needed to be sent with the SIF.

I suggest you check with each school you are applying to for the documentation that they require (sounds like you've already done this).

Alison
busybee

Post by busybee »

I am genuine - but how do these schools figure out who lives where? I was surprised that the Herts online form did not even ask for any proof. I hear that the Harow on line form requires council tax reference number.
I would hate to think people are slipping through the net when they are not eligible via postcode.
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Busybee, I'd thought the same. Barnet asked for a copy of council tax bill and utility bill, or 2 utility bills. I've heard some other local authorities don't ask for these. It's usually the CAF that asks for proof of address, haven't been asked for proof on any SIF's, although did need to provide a birth certificate for one which I thought was a bit strange!
Charl39
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Obviously varies - don't thnk we had to produce anything in North Yorks - perhaps might have been different if we hadn't been on the electoral register
watford87

Post by watford87 »

I think WGSB ask for proof at the same time that you accept a place.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Sorry to be dense- but what is an SIF?
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Not dense Zorro
SIF stands for Supplementory Information Form some Schools ask for them.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Thanks!
busybee

Post by busybee »

Ok - adding to the mix - just went this morning to hand deliver to WGBS (you know how your mind plays games with you about postal strikes!). Anyways, she said yes ok I will pass to admission. I had to ask her if she could give me a receipt and she gave me a photocopy sheet stating application received. No stamp, no name. I could copy that myself.
All strange procedures.
But at least my mind is at ease.
Good luck to you all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now