Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SAT'S 2007
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:11 pm 
Does anyone know when in May the SAT's are? The School won't tell us just that it's in May.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:37 pm 
May 14- 18.. well they are at my daughters school.. we were sent a letter along with a 'no holidays uner any circumstances'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:01 pm 
Thanks, wish our school were that open. Cannot understand why they( the school ) could not give us any info. Thank God for this site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:30 pm 
I understand that the SATS are taken nationally - i.e. all chidren in the same week and level 2 sats this year are 14 - 18 May as posted above.
If you search for sites that sell SATS practice papers you can download the timetable - it says which test is on which day in that week. It also states the key stage 3 tests are a different week to the key stage 2.

I don't know if it is accurate or if schools stick to these but I think they are supposed to. What I have seen is:
14th May Science A and B
15th May English short and long writing plus spelling
16th May English reading test
17th may Mental maths and Maths A
18th May Maths B

I think where there are two in one day, one is the morning and one the afternoon. That timetable seems to make sense as they do 2 full days, then a half day on the wednesday, one more full day then half day on the Friday.

However as I say this is only what I have found from searching and it's not from the sschool so might be wrong.