DAO music aptitude test , second round?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Yadagi

DAO music aptitude test , second round?

Post by Yadagi »

Hi all , just wanted to know if anyone has had a letter yet asking their DC to go back for the second round of the musical aptitude test ?

Thanks
superduper

Re: DAO music aptitude test , second round?

Post by superduper »

I have been checking for the post all day but nothing arrived .. would really like to know as undecided how to use these last few days - I was thinking if we were put out of our misery today we'd know whether to spend more time on the musical piece or just concentrate on the verbal reasoning! :? Looking forward to see if any more replies this evening. Glad I'm not the only one anxious for news
mandelbaum

Post by mandelbaum »

Also haven't received a letter yet regarding second round of musical aptitude test.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Apparently with the big hike in numbers this year from 270 to 350 plus it has taken slightly longer to mark all the papers so the letters were not posted until today. Last year they were posted Monday to arrive Tuesday. Best wishes to all those waiting. DG
loup67

Post by loup67 »

My clever DD is through! Invited back for audition next week. :shock:
mandelbaum

Post by mandelbaum »

Well done your DD! And good luck for next week! Unfortunately my DS is one mark short of the reqired 46 marks.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So sorry to hear that M. I hope your ds will get in on academic and be able to play a full part in the music at DAO. Do you have other exams to focus on to take away the sting? A good friend of ours has ds who missed the auditions by one mark last year and got in on academic, I wish the same thing for you. If it is any consolation at all last year eighty hopefuls came back for just ten places and the seventy who did not make it did not know until that until allocation day. At least you know now and can put it behind you and concentrate on grabbing marks in other exams. Loup67, well done to dd. What day are you going in? I will get dd to look out for you and say good luck? Did your elder dd get to audition two years ago? DG
loup67

Post by loup67 »

Daogroupie wrote:So sorry to hear that M. I hope your ds will get in on academic and be able to play a full part in the music at DAO. Do you have other exams to focus on to take away the sting? A good friend of ours has ds who missed the auditions by one mark last year and got in on academic, I wish the same thing for you. If it is any consolation at all last year eighty hopefuls came back for just ten places and the seventy who did not make it did not know until that until allocation day. At least you know now and can put it behind you and concentrate on grabbing marks in other exams. Loup67, well done to dd. What day are you going in? I will get dd to look out for you and say good luck? Did your elder dd get to audition two years ago? DG

Hi,
Yes elder DD got through 2 years ago,but decided on taking Latymer (best decision we ever made!)
Just hoping younger DD can get in too,DAO and HBS are "just in case",didn't bother with Mill Hill County this time round,but liked The Wren and the new East Barnet as back-up!
mandelbaum

Post by mandelbaum »

Daogroupie, thank you for your reassuring words and giving me ideas to keep DS's (and my) spirit up - especially since he has two more music/ language aptitude tests ahead of him.
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

Ds got 44 - 2 marks short, so disappointed. but will move on and concentrate on next exams.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now