Today is the day the PAN lists are assessed!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Avoiding eye contact with the Teachers and TA's at your scho

Post by Daogroupie »

I just hated the fact they all knew before I did. I lived in horror of a sympathetic glance from one of them. I avoided all eye contact and skulked about the corridors and playground for days before allocation day. We were the ones that did all the work, how dare they know before us?!!!!
2Girlsmum

Re: Today is the day the PAN lists are assessed!!!

Post by 2Girlsmum »

....and produce the lists 4 weeks before the parents/children are informed?!

DD requested a trip to the cinema on the 1st March after school (delaying the result by a couple of hours), but I have said NO :shock: She also asked if daddy knew anyone who could hack into the database for her :lol: :lol: (no). She has now decided that she will sit on the sofa with her duvet over her head (brought downstairs for the purpose) and clutch her favourite bed toy whilst I attempt to connect to the eAdmissions site......

I wasn't bothered at all about the wait until this week as it seemed so far off, but now that we are in the final four weeks and the results are ready I feel that time has started to slow down....getting slower and slower towards the end of February.....26 days...25 d-a-y-s...2-4 d - a - y - s........
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Do the e-mailed results arrive at 5pm also or is there a delay?
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Last year the emails were sent out in batches, not all in one go. We didn't get ours until 7:40 pm whereas others at the school knew a lot earlier. The allocation information isn't available on the website until all the emails have been sent.
purplerose69

Post by purplerose69 »

So what happens if we did not apply online, but submitted the CAF in person? It can't be 1st March then....?
WP

Post by WP »

Everyone has an offer posted on 1st March. You only get the email if you applied online.
Daogroupie

In Herts we were forced to apply online no paper forms were

Post by Daogroupie »

We had no choice but to apply online. No paper forms were sent out this year. We were told we could call and request one but when I did I was told that management had told them they were not allowed to send any out. I called back several times to try and get a different operative but got the no every time. I then wrote and asked for one but got no reply. DG
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

Last year I found out my dd's allocation on the Herts admissions website before I received the e-mail. The email got caught up in the system. The website said that the email was sent at 6.15pm but it did not come through to my inbox until 9pm. Best to check both.

If you did apply by paper then you will get the allocation letter on 2nd March
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

...and its only the 4th Feb today!

Normally the weekends go away quickly... not this month :D
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Last year, there was a hitch, so I got the email and the result in the post almost at the same time (email first and letter about 2 minutes later).