Have the primary schools received the lists early?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2Girlsmum

Have the primary schools received the lists early?

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Does anyone know if the allocation lists went out this week to the primary schools due to the half term? I had my termly meeting with dd's y6 teacher and when I was talking about how I thought that we might have lost St Michael's due to missing some vr questions, she gave me a strange look, asked if it was our 1st choice, mumbled something about it being easier to get into than Latymer, which we are more confident about as r2 went well (in dd's opinion!) It struck me as odd at the time, and combined with the timing it has made me wonder if she knows something :shock:
Last edited by 2Girlsmum on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Froggy

Re: Have the primary school's received the lists early?

Post by Froggy »

Sympathies, this speculation is so hard, isn't it?

When we applied to secondary for ds we made an application under special circumstances criteria (complicated story, but the school had changed the admissions rules in a way that disadvantaged ds, and we argued for consideration on compassionate grounds). We had supporting letters, so had a good case but I was still very jumpy. We bumped into the head of the secondary school about a month before the results came out (we know him vaguely through mutual friends and primary school etc), and he made a point of going up to DS and shaking his hand to say hello. It was very friendly, but unexpected enough to make me do a double take, and I did suspect there might be a hidden communication going on.

Suffice it to say, I was right. :D

Hopefully you'll get the school you want, but I'd be really surprised if the primary school will admit to anything at all, for fear of setting off a stampede.
Daogroupie

Re: Have the primary schools received the lists early?

Post by Daogroupie »

I avoided all the staff at my primary school for a couple of weeks before allocation day for this very reason. The thing I dreaded most was the sympathetic glance. I am quite sure they knew the week before half term and I am surprised at your school organising consultations at this time. I am so glad I avoided all possible communication otherwise I would be in the quandry you are now. I can't imagine trying to have a discussion with the Y6 teacher at this time if I thought he/she knew. I would say she did know and was just hopeless at hiding it. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now