Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:37 am 
Does anyone know how far down the waiting list WB has gone in previous years?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:04 pm 

Hi Stig

Can't speak for WGB, but I know of one child who was placed 3rd got a place 2 weeks into the term last September for Parmiters, have to say though that last year the lists seemed to move incredibly slowly compared to previous years.

Good Luck for tomorrow if e-mail or friday (snail mail)

HP

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:21 pm 
Thanks HP for the reply and the good wishes - I hope yours does well too.

Parmiters only went down to the 3rd. That's not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:54 am 

Hi Anxious Stig,

My daughter got into Parmiter last year (but thanks for good wishes anyway) which is how I know about last years list. You need to be aware that for Herts Consortium that (if general hearsay is to be believed)there are 4 children for every place on the waiting list. However, last year really was unusually slow compared to previously, when I know of one child placed 10th on the list got into WGG.

Let us know your result today or tomorrow

HP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 pm 
Just heard that my son got a place at WB so I no longer need to worry about the length of the waiting list.

HP - thanks for all your posts over the last few months - they have been really informative and a great help to me. Thanks again.

I have two more kids to get through this crazy system so I'll be back online in due course.

Stig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:42 pm 
very happy Stig wrote:
Just heard that my son got a place at WB so I no longer need to worry about the length of the waiting list.

I have two more kids to get through this crazy system so I'll be back online in due course.

Congratulations (me too).

If either of the younger ones is a boy, they'll be guaranteed places at WB, even under the new admissions code. The situation for girls is less certain (I'm in that boat too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:45 pm 
Thanks - I have a younger boy so that is good news. I also have a girl but she's the smartest of the lot so I expect she'll manage fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:33 pm 
Stig wrote:
Thanks - I have a younger boy so that is good news. I also have a girl but she's the smartest of the lot so I expect she'll manage fine.

I hope so, but she may also face stiffer competition, assuming you're aiming at WG. If they are able to retain the brothers at WB criterion, she'll get in without the test (assuming you're not a long way from the school). If they are not, there'll be those extra girls competing in the test. In addition, the code seems to require WB, WG and Parmiters to reduce the proportion of those admitted via the test from %35 to %25, because that was the level they used for one year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:41 pm 

Congratulations Stig, you must be very proud of your son

Guess you're not anxious Stig anymore :lol: :lol:

HP