Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone heard from WGSB
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:02 pm 

Has anyone had a communication from Watford Grammar School for Boys- my son was offered a place on March 1st which we accepted online. We have heard nothing since which makes the whole experience somewhat surreal....
Spoke to a mum whose son got Parmiters and they have already had a curriculum evening which I find bizarre considering March 16th hasn't come round yet!!
I keep checking my confirmation email to reassure myself that this is reall!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:03 pm 

Hi
I'm sure everything is OK and the same happens with many/most of the schools. They'll be in touch when they start to organise events for new parents / pupils. Every school has different timetable for organising things. Last year we didn't hear anything directly from Queens for ages.
Ally

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm 

The day after Offer Day ie 2 March, received a number of forms for completion such as the school's acceptance form, requests for proof of address, child's birth certificate. However no invites to any events. Contact the school directly if you still don't receive anything by post.

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 pm 

The curriculum evening at Parmiter's is a bi-annual event for all parents and students - it is not aimed specifically at the potential new year 7s. Those allocated places at the school on 2nd March are invited with the rest of the school to attend if they wish. The only people I know that have had communication from Watford Boys are those that got in on distance - they have to show proof of residency etc. Those who entered as a sibling, music or academic have not heard anything yet, so I wouldn't worry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 pm 

My son's place was awarded on distance.