waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

waiting list

Post by Guest »

my son is 56 on the waiting list and i dont knw if he'll get a place before 15 march as i have to let another school know if i want to accept the place

plse help

Post by Guest »

Which school?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

if it is an independent then they may well want a deposit by then - have to decide if paying it and hanging on and to see if you get a place is ultimately worth losing the deposit.

Post by Guest »

I PAID THE DEPOSIT FOR ROYAL GRAMMAR BUT I DONT KNW IF MY SON WILL GET QE AS HE IS 56TH

Post by Guest »

Doesn't it mean that you have accepted a place at Royal Grammar with the deposit?

You just wait till you hear from QE even after the 15th March.If you do get a place between now and when you have to pay the full fees for Royal Grammar, then you decide where your son is going.

Of course, if you choose QE, you'll lose your Royal Grammar deposit but at least you'll save the rest of the private fees for the next 7 years.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

most independent schools want a terms notice that you are leaving or not going to be there or else you have to pay the fees for the next term. Whether this happens if you haven't actually started there is a different question - I don't know the answer - anyway you have quite a bit of time before becoming liable for the first terms fees.