Sibling Policy

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smith

Sibling Policy

Post by smith »

Hi,

I know the sibling policy has changed but if a child joins the 6th form for the first time will the sibling policy apply for a child joining in Year 10.

Thanks
AlisonR

Re: Sibling Policy

Post by AlisonR »

I think sibling policy rules are slightly different at different schools so it would help if you could give names of the schools to which you are thinking of applying.

Also, it is possible that the sibling policy rules may change for next years admissions (ie current year 5s and below) so unless you are applying this year I wouldn't count on them being the same in future.

I notice you mention a sibling applying in year 10, so that's possibly a further set of "In Year" admissions rules that you need to look at. The individual schools will be able to help you with this.

Alison
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If this is a Herts school then there is one Herts Sibling policy. When a child joins the 6th form his/her siblings become eligible for a place at the school if there is a place available in the year they want to join. If the siblings are applying for secondary transfer then as long as the 6th form child will still be in the school when they start they are entitled to a sibling place. DG
pabrighton0

Post by pabrighton0 »

Daogroupie wrote:If this is a Herts school then there is one Herts Sibling policy. When a child joins the 6th form his/her siblings become eligible for a place at the school if there is a place available in the year they want to join. If the siblings are applying for secondary transfer then as long as the 6th form child will still be in the school when they start they are entitled to a sibling place. DG
I heard that DAO was trying to break away from this - considering children that just about left 6th form - perhaps this is because they are Foundation? Or is the change DAO is proposing only to allow children of staff to be given preference?
WP

Post by WP »

smith wrote:I know the sibling policy has changed but if a child joins the 6th form for the first time will the sibling policy apply for a child joining in Year 10.
For most schools yes, but the Watford Girls policy (the Boys' school is the same except for the obvious) has:
3. Applicants with a sister enrolled at the school, excluding sisters who first entered the school in the Sixth Form (Year 12 or Year 13).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now