struggling with the wait and offer day/waiting list Qs

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

clear_rule

Re: struggling with the wait and offer day/waiting list Qs

Post by clear_rule »

Not long now, although the wait this time around (my last time) has been difficult.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lemondrop, I'll miss your pencil.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

Yes nearly over now.... best of luck to everyone for tomorrow evening, both for managing to login before midnight and for good news for all our DCs!!!
clear_rule wrote: Lemondrop, I'll miss your pencil.
That bloomin' snail has nearly reached the end thank goodness!
ReplayMum

Post by ReplayMum »

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Can we log in midnight tonight to check, or is it definitely tomorrow pm?
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

It will be after 5pm tomorrow. You should get an email telling you that you can login and see your allocation. All letters should arrive in the post on Friday.
2GirlsDad

Post by 2GirlsDad »

C. J. wrote:Sorry, but as a year 6 teacher, I feel it is extremely important that we know all of the children's allocations ahead of the allocation day. By 'we', I mean the Head and the year 6 teacher(s); I have never known of a school that spread the information more widely than that, and teachers are always warned that this information is extremely confidential.

The class teacher is then aware of which children are likely to be disappointed and need some comfort / which parents may need support. It is also the point that we check for mistakes - and there have been some. These can be verified with HCC and we can reassure the relevant families easily once the results are out on the day.
Not sure we need all this, apart from being great so the school can be seen to support their preferred secondary schools. I was told that very few people would know (I think 2 people in the school) and also that part time admin staff that are parents would not know. It may sound like it's a watertight system but interestingly the Primary school were very concerned when we said that our DD may not know immediately, as that is a convenient scapegoat for the leak point... :)
And finally, we may go indie, so the reasons they give us for needing to know what DD got, crumbled apart.
In any case, the school cannot know our current preferences as we, like many parents that have been starting threads about "is X or Y best?", are not 100% sure of them as well! :D