Firstly many congrats to all those that are happy with their allocations and well done all for getting through these highly stressful last few months of waiting.
Our first choice was Watford Boys Grammar, then Parmiters, then Queens. We got Queens but had never really considered it seriously, hoping that our ds would get into one of the first two. We're really disappointed but should we be? I keep hearing mixed things about Queens so I'm really confused. Our ds is very academic and not very sporty so not sure if it's the right place for them.
The admissions web site doesn't give much info right now about what to do next apart from saying that we have to confirm by 16th March. Should we accept Queens first and then appeal or appeal first before accepting Queens? Is there anything else we need to do?
I'm sure this will all become clear on 2nd March as the website states but the suspense is killing me!!!
Firstly accept Queens it is a very good school and will serve you and your children well.
Secondly, you will get a ranking for the first two schools of your position in the waiting list for WGSB and Parmiters. You may be only a couple of places away.
Thirdly register for both WGSB and Parmiters "continued interest" tomorrow probably but your letter tomorrow will explain more detail.
When the schools have the second round of placements (after the first round have accepted their schools) you may be high enough in the waiting list to get a place at that time. You MUST register your "continued interest" for this to happen.
Also if one of your continued interest schools does offer a place, you automatically get it and lose the place at queens I believe.
Good luck, you chose exactly what we did for my DS