Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:31 pm 

My DS is 14th on the academic test continuing interest list for WGSB (232 on test with pass mark of 240). Does anyone know if he has a chance of getting in? Looking at scores on this site from previous years it doesn't seem so. Is it true you can go down as well as up on the continuing interst list? if so, how could that happen?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:09 pm 

You can move down the CI list if someone who has a higher score than you (and who didn't originally put that school down as one of their preferences) then decides to change their preferences and lists that school in place of one of their original choices.

In Herts you can change your preferences between 26th March and 12th April after the deadline for acceptances and the first round of continuing interest allocations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 am 

Mushroom do you know if the criteria for catchment remains the same? My daughter has high enough marks but we do not live within the catchment area.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:26 am 

Mushroom I am referring to WGG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:49 am 

jimjum wrote:
Mushroom do you know if the criteria for catchment remains the same? My daughter has high enough marks but we do not live within the catchment area.

All schools are required to operate their continuing interest lists according to the same criteria as the original allocation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 am 

How many waiting lists can you be on and how many appeals are you allowed to lodge? I know you can go on the waiting list and appeal for a school that you did not originally apply for. I know someone who did this last year and won and got in before those on the waiting list. But how many schools can you do that with? DG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:48 pm 

:idea: :D [quote="mushroom"]You can move down the CI list if someone who has a higher score than you (and who didn't originally put that school down as one of their preferences) then decides to change their preferences and lists that school in place of one of their original choices.

In Herts you can change your preferences between 26th March and 12th April after the deadline for acceptances and the first round of continuing interest allocations.[/quote]

OK, thanks. Vey complicated system and seems a bit unfair that you can totally change your preferences