WGSG cutoff scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wanner

WGSG cutoff scores

Post by Wanner »

Does anyone have any information yet on what these might be, for inner and outer catchment areas?
Helpful

Re: WGSG cutoff scores

Post by Helpful »

Just heard outer catchment for academic was 254. Hope that helps. I am waiting on the music cutoff if anybody has heard.

thanks
Wanner

Post by Wanner »

Thank you, Helpful - you are aptly named :D

I was beginning to think no-one had applied to this school this year!
Helpful

Post by Helpful »

Yes does not seem much communication this year. Used Helpful username as I think this site is very helpful to us all at this time of year but thanks and good luck. Been down this road before and you can really never tell how these things go. I held on to the bitter end and eventually got my son in his preferred school in Year 9 and it has worked out very well. :-)
herty

Post by herty »

One of the nice things about the school is that once there, no-one knows what score they got or indeed even if the place was awarded on academic or distance grounds as the school does not supply this information to successful candidates (obviously, depending where you live, the answer to the latter question may be apparent, but no-one knows if they just scraped in or came top). So there is no competition once there or beforehand about marks. Excellence is expected from all girls however they got in and any setting is based on tests once they are there, not before - it does mean the numbers of people who can answer questions about exam marks are correspondingly fewer though!
Helpful

Post by Helpful »

Yes completely agree with you that should be the case as children's abilities are not set in stone due to one test, its a mix of ability and attitude (and the right school).

But we are interested in the cutoff marks to see what chance are DDs have in actually getting into the school, considering their score and how far down the score (usually) goes over the next few months. Just trying to set expectations as you like to support your children if this is the school they want to go to but you also have to let them know how realistic a chance they have taking into account previous years data. Just trying to hang onto some sort of control of the situation. 8)
herty

Post by herty »

Of course, and best of luck to all the dds waiting to hear. I just meant that - unlike say QE - WGGS parents wouldn't be able to supply figures of what they had achieved to get in, to compare. But I believe the admisions dept is quite helpful?
Helpful

Post by Helpful »

Thanks and will try not to look at this website too often and drive myself mad. Lucky my daughter is calm about the whole situation and is completely confident that she will get in - just not looking forward to the tears by September if she does not (she was 100% positive she would get in during the first round and shed a few then). Not sure where she gets her confidence from but hope it all comes together for her, she is in the single numbers for Music but this list does not go down much so I do not share her enthusiasm. Glad to hear about the good attitude at the school and you never know my DD may get to be part of it. :D
herty

Post by herty »

I hope so!
bcd

Post by bcd »

I believe the lowest score for inner area is 242
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now