how to work out scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
faz

how to work out scores

Post by faz »

Hi. Can anyone tell me, if my child gets 85 questions right out of 100 what will her standardised score be. She's 1ould be 10 yrs 1 month when sitting the test this sept. Would like to know how much you would need to get to achieve 240 score in the 11 plus test for herts, watford. Sorry if this has been asked before, but grateful for any help.
Cutting42

Re: how to work out scores

Post by Cutting42 »

faz wrote:Hi. Can anyone tell me, if my child gets 85 questions right out of 100 what will her standardised score be. She's 1ould be 10 yrs 1 month when sitting the test this sept. Would like to know how much you would need to get to achieve 240 score in the 11 plus test for herts, watford. Sorry if this has been asked before, but grateful for any help.
Hi Faz

It is hard to say as the scores are standardised on the scores from all the students at that time so it is hard to say. My experience says you need to be scoring on average 85 or more and bear in mind what they score on a bad day as well. If she is an August child then she will see the maximum uplift in score.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Only published info I've seen is for VR and 72% for an August born child gives a standardised score of 115. So my guess from the little I know from my 2 children having sat the test is that 85% in VR would give a score between 128-130. To score 240+ overall I think you would need 85%+ for VR and 88%+ for maths. But this is just a slightly informed guess!
faz

Post by faz »

Thank you for your answers, it gives me a indication of what I need to accept and how much more work is needed.
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

My DS was scoring average 95% in both Maths and VR in the Bond books and test papers by the end with the occasional 100% in Maths and scored 267 in the tests. As I mentioned before a consistent 85% should work but aim for 90% to make sure.