2012 Continuing Interest list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WaitingMum2012

2012 Continuing Interest list

Post by WaitingMum2012 »

Hi All,

Has anyone had any news about the lists for SW Herts schools in the last few weeks. My DS has been allocated a non-ranked school - we are still holding thumbs that we get good news, but time is fast running out.

He is on the waiting list at WBGS, Queens and Bushey Meads. Please share if you have had good news from these schools recently to restore our fading hope.

Good luck to all families still waiting!!!
decaff

Re: 2012 Continuing Interest list

Post by decaff »

I will be going through this process with my youngest child in September. I am not looking forward to it but find this forum so helpful. I will be hoping for my nearest school which is Rickmansworth. I am not close enough to be guarenteed a place under distance although some years it has come out even further than me. It seems to me that waiting lists have not moved as far as in previous years this year. I know several children ranked quite high on both distance and academic on March 1st who are still waiting for good news particularly at Rickmansworth. Is this a bumper year? Any reason why lists not moving as quickly as in previous years. I am hopeful things will be better next year to help me as I am struggling with getting my child to do practice papers for academic route.
2012dad

Post by 2012dad »

Hi,

Quick note for all those families still waiting, and for parents in future years. We were allocated a non-ranked school on allocation day (1 March).

After four months of undue stress, unsuccessful appeals, and the daily wait for the postman, our DC was allocated a place at the school we wanted, on 3rd July. The waiting was slow torture, but it was truly worthwhile.

Looking at previous years posts, movement occurs right until the start of the school year in September. All the best for all those still waiting for a 2012/13 allocation, and to future parents.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Such a great post 2012dad which will bring hope to many anxious families. So glad to hear your news. I am sure you will appreciate the school after waiting so long to get a place. I am sure your dc will be a credit to the school. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now