What score do we need to be in a safe position?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11nuts

What score do we need to be in a safe position?

Post by 11nuts »

Just wondering if anyone knew what score would be required in order to ensure we are selected in the tests, this could also include the waiting lists.

I can imagine most schools vary depending on the number of people apply, however I guess that may not even be the case, as it depends on the quality of applications.

This year is a little different because the dates have been moved forward, I can imagine there being a higher quality of candidate in the tests – so may actually result in a higher average entrance mark for 2013.

I am thinking that a 340 would be sufficient for QE.
copella

Re: What score do we need to be in a safe position?

Post by copella »

No 340 would not be sufficient for QE at least not this year. have a search for posts on QE or just scroll down and you can see people on 347 have yet to be offered a place off the waiting list.
kids368

Post by kids368 »

I don't see how a score of 340 etc... will be the pass mark for kids taking QE test for 2013 entry, since there are now only 2 subjects !???!!! . In fact I believe that I have read somewhere that the pass mark will be 210....

Can any one confirm this ?
copella

Post by copella »

Sorry forgot about changes in the exams. I think it will be difficult to tell, as apart from Latymer the other selectives are changing their exams and dropping NVR. I would not get so worried about scores but try and ensure your child is scoring highly on practice papers and takes mock tests where you can gauge where they are in the cohort which sat the tests.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

with only 2 papers, 280 would be safe enough. :wink:
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The pass mark will depend on this year's cohort. QE and DAO both went up by a good few marks this year. I believe pass marks will continue to go up each year as parents get more involved and understand what they need to do. The places will be won and lost on the English paper as so many candidates will be capable of getting very high marks on the maths paper. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now