Sutton Mock Tests results are out online

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Sutton Mock Tests results are out online

Post by Daogroupie »

And there is lots of data info in the 11 plus exams section. Almost two thousand students took the test so your result will give you a very good indication of where you are in this year's cohort. DG
mangomum

Re: Sutton Mock Tests results are out online

Post by mangomum »

To parents of children who took the mock exam – please take the results with a pinch of salt.

My DS took the Sutton Mock and was out by 15 marks / points, but I didn’t stress because he sat the exam in June and the exam that mattered to us(QE Boys) was not until December.

So, if your DCs are not getting the grade, do not fret – I believe that children have to fail sometimes as they can learn so much from that experience. My DS did not get through the 1st round at Mill Hill (November). He was a little upset, but I didn’t indulge him. Instead he used that failure to focus and work harder for the exam that really mattered to him – QE Boys and he did get a place. (Yeah – still can’t stop smiling when I think about it!).

If your DS’s do get good grades in their mocks then encourage them but remind them not to get complacent!

Lots of luck to all the 2013 applicants!
MangoMum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The whole point of sitting mocks is to find out your weak areas and focus on them. That was great you had six months to focus mangonmum. Unfortunately this year there is only eight weeks or so to respond to the data. I hope they will move them forward next year so they can be of real value in deciding how to prepare. DG
mangomum

Post by mangomum »

DG - parents very often have children sit mock exams not just to ascertain weakness, but many children will not have had any prior experience of sitting exams let alone taking them in an environment that is strange to them.

Of course parents don’t have the luxury of the preparation time that we had in the past, but on the upside they will at least have feedback from the schools if their children have achieved a score sufficient for entry into the GS.

My point was that if children do not get the grade in a mock exam then parents should not agonise over it. Simply focus and stay positive and pass this onto their children. That’s all.
MangoMum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now