Practical questions about Consortium test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hairydog

Practical questions about Consortium test

Post by hairydog »

Hello kind people. End of term is upon us and we are going away for 2 weeks. By the time we get home it will only be 5 weeks until the test.

Can anyone answer me a few practical questions? Sorry, some seem to be very silly! (stops me worrying about bigger things....)
1. Should dc write in pencil or pen? Does it matter?
2. Is there a break between the Maths and VR? Which comes first?
3. What are dc expected to take in? e.g.rulers? What is allowed and does it need to be in a clear plastic bag or something? Should they take a drink/snack?
4. Do they choose where to sit, or are desks marked with thier name?

Thanks in advance.
Daogroupie

Re: Practical questions about Consortium test

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, There will be a desk with their name on it, they will be sitting in alphabetical order so you should be able to find your desk very quickly if you know your alphabet! You can take a snack. Make sure the lunch box does not speak as they take it in with them and elder dd had a terminator lunch box going off in the middle of the exam somewhere near her! My dd wrote in pencil, thinks VR was first and yes there is a break in between to eat your snack. Parents leave dcs at the door and are asked to take the student coat away with them as they have storage problems. No rulers or anything other then lots of pencils or pens, dc we know went in with only one pencil! DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

Why no rulers? Surely they will need one for underlining and straight lines in maths? I guess if they can take a lunch box they can take a pencil case. Some of the maths papers we have done have needed protractors too?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I think you will find that all 11 plus exams are nothing but pencils and pens in a clear plastic bag or pencil case. My elder dd had accidently left a ruler in her pencil case for DAO tests and had it taken away and it was not returned. KS2 Sats are very ruler, compass and protractor based but eleven plus is nothing but your brain! I might be wrong for some others but certainly the ones my dd took were so. DG
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Thanks Dao, very helpful as usual!
Hera

Post by Hera »

hairydog wrote:Thanks Dao, very helpful as usual!

I second that!
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

all of ours were the same - pencils (3-4) and an eraser (plain - no pictures, etc on them) in a clear plastic pencil case or plastic bag. If you needed tissues (exams were in the winter then) you had to hold these in your hand & show them to the teachers when you went into the exam hall. No coats, etc
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now