Rickmansworth school transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nearly over

Rickmansworth school transport

Post by Nearly over »

Hi, I've been researching how our child would travel to each of the consortium schools. We've found out there is no school bus from Watford to Rickmansworth school, so how do children get there? I know a lot use the met line but I'm not too keen on that option. We are the side of Watford near Hunton Bridge. Any info would be gratefully received as the last thing we want to do is put down a school our child can't easy to get to! Thanks.
Sallyltb

Re: Rickmansworth school transport

Post by Sallyltb »

There are now very few school buses in Hertfordshire and TBH I wouldn't rely on a school bus being there in future years. If you go to http://www.intalink.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can see what routes currently run (scroll down to the 800 routes).

Many children end up either on public transport, cycling or in car hares.
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

Many of the bus routes this year have been consolidated following the school transport consultation a couple of years back and the decision of Herts CC to stop running school buses.
I know the bus to Queens school has survived the consolidation and goes via Hunton Bridge and Abbots Langley.
I think there is a normal bus route ( 320, not a school service) that runs via Tibbs Hill in Abbots and goes onto Rickmansworth. Not sure if the times work out though.
Nearly over

Post by Nearly over »

Thanks for your replies. I put in the journey on the Traveline website and that gave me a couple of viable options. It does mean changing buses, but at least we can get there :D
Hera

Post by Hera »

Have you checked out http://www.peterreynoldscoaches.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? They run the 846 and 849 that goes from Watford and the Hempstead Road to Rickmansworth School.
Nearly over

Post by Nearly over »

Perfect bel, thanks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now