After results day for SW Consortium Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WatfordGirl

After results day for SW Consortium Tests

Post by WatfordGirl »

Hello, Does anyone have any information yet as to how the schools in the Consortium will give an indication of likelyhood of entrance to their school depending on your results? I am expecting each school to publish the results of children who gained a place over the past few years but if anyone knows it would be very helpful. Thanks.
WP

Re: After results day for SW Consortium Tests

Post by WP »

I imagine they will give information about previous years, as Bushey Meads and Rickmansworth have already done on their websites.
decaff

Post by decaff »

We have that information on this site look at school statistics sticky at top of page. I would think other parents not used to this wonderful site will get information at open evening's. I do have a question though as all the children will be slightly younger when sitting test will this lower overall marks needed to gain entry or will age standardisation take this in to account.
WP

Post by WP »

decaff wrote:I do have a question though as all the children will be slightly younger when sitting test will this lower overall marks needed to gain entry or will age standardisation take this in to account.
If age standardization works as it's supposed to, a child should get the same standardized score sitting the test now as they would sitting it some months hence, even though if they sat it later they would, on average, get a higher raw score. So it shouldn't have an effect on the cutoff. The music audition isn't standardized though, and it might be a little lower. It's only two months earlier, though.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Many thanks for that WP. My son sat music today and felt he has done badly, so not holding out much hope. Here's hoping he does better with VR and Maths on Saturday. Good luck to everyone else too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now