Music test tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hairydog

Music test tomorrow

Post by hairydog »

Good luck to all dc doing the Consortium music test tomorrow.

Ds is very negative, in a terrible frame of mind. Mixture of nerves and his complete inability to see why he is taking a test for a school he still doesn't want to go to.

Suffice to say I'm counting the days until Saturday is over too!

Good luck to all again.
Long Journey

Re: Music test tomorrow

Post by Long Journey »

Good luck to your DS too hairydog. My DD is doing it as well. I know nothing about it so won't be able to grill her about it afterwards, luckily for her :lol: .
RationalityRules

Post by RationalityRules »

I wish everyone good luck too - hope all of our sons and daughters stay calm and do their very best. RR
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Good luck to all including parents! Are they are letting you wait somewhere as it does not last long? This was our first one when we did it in 2009 and 2010 and it was great to get one done and finally get started. Hopefully you will feel the same. Let us know how it goes. DG
Tagore

Post by Tagore »

I would also like to add my best wishes to all the DC's taking their music aural exams today. Hopefully the parents will now find it a tad relaxing following the arduous campaign. Another few days and it will all be over.
T
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Phew. I think You're right Dao, actually, it's a relief to have got going. Despite being very negative, ds came out of the test quite chilled, said it was straightforward, no problems.

Hope all the other dc and parents feeling ok.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Has anyone got any idea about when we are likely to hear the outcome of the aural test and how much notice there will be before the audition if the kids get through? Hope it went well for everyone and good luck for Saturday.
Tagore

Post by Tagore »

bel wrote:Has anyone got any idea about when we are likely to hear the outcome of the aural test and how much notice there will be before the audition if the kids get through? Hope it went well for everyone and good luck for Saturday.
The SW Herts web site states that those qualifyng for an audition will be requested to come during the school day on Monday 24th September or thereafter. I assume that resulst will be notified during the course of next week.

Can't say I was impressed with the testing facilities, at Parmiters, for the aural test yesterday. Far too many kids, a large chunk of whom had to be seated on long tables in uncomfortably close proximity.

Good luck to all with the results and the tests on Saturday.

Tagore
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I wonder if the numbers applying for the entrance tests at the consortium schools are up by much this year. I suspect they could be considerably higher than in previous years.

Does any one have any figures?
I'm sure I read on here that the Bushey Meads Technology test had about 400 applicants this year when in previous years the figure has been closer to the 200 mark.

Alison
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

At least you are not going to get the results of the aural before you sit the academic exam. That is much better than previously when you did. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now