The Watford Consortium academic exam today

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

The Watford Consortium academic exam today

Post by Daogroupie »

Good Luck to all of those students who are sitting Parmiters, Clement Danes and the rest of the Watford Consortium today. It is an exam designed for lots of state school children that covers a lot of schools who all have different pass marks. So those who have prepared well should be able to get a good score. For those who have already done DAO VR the VR paper will be in a format that you will recognise as it is the same publishing house. The Maths should be a bit more straightforward than the DAO last week that was harder than expected. Let us know how you get on, but don't mention any specific question as there is a backup date that a lot of children who missed the deadline will be doing. DG
Long Journey

Re: The Watford Consortium Academic Exam Today

Post by Long Journey »

Any feedback from the morning session people? Just back after leaving DD. Place was packed. Hope it goes well for everyone.
maznaq

Post by maznaq »

My daughters back from the morning session. She seems happy enough said she finished both papers and even had time to check again! She did all the questions!!! Which was my main concern! She said she found it easier than any mock exam she has done. Let's hope for the best!
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

Sounds great maznaq, really happy for you :D . I hope DD's feedback will be similarly positive.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Ds said 'okay' in his usual monosyllabic style! Probing revealed maths fine, one tricky question only. VR not too bad, finished the paper but no checking time. Phew! Good luck and well done everyone else!
RomaWhelan

Post by RomaWhelan »

DD didn't do too badly. She said Maths was easy and had plenty of time to check all her answers. However she and many of her friends found VR hard. She managed to get the paper completed but didn't have any time to check her answers. She managed to give an answer for every question though which is a relief! Now we wait for the results!
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

It was both good news and bad with DD. She said the Maths was ridiculously easy but VR hadn't gone as well. She hadn't done all the questions. Meaning that she did finish the paper but she didn't have time to do some questions she left to come back to later. She hadn't put random answers either because they were not Qs where you could select an answer. She gave me loads of feedback about the paper though, including exact questions, I suppose we'll have to wait some time to discuss it.
marsellusvega

Post by marsellusvega »

My DS also said Maths was quite easy - only one question he couldn't do. He finished the VR with 5 mins to go but went back two he had left and check some others. He was pleased because only one other in his group also finished. Apparently at the end of the test the teacher asked for hands up those who didn't finish and all but two DC put their hands up! Sounds like it was difficult to finish in time available.
WatfordGirl

Post by WatfordGirl »

Test went really well my my daughter she said Maths was easy and the VR hard but finished both papers with time to check answers. A Great thank you to those teachers at Rickmansworth School Test Centre who put the children at ease.
Tagore

Post by Tagore »

Daogroupie wrote:Let us know how you get on, but don't mention any specific question as there is a backup date that a lot of children who missed the deadline will be doing.
It is quite unbeliveable that there have been posts to this thread which gives a child, who has not yet taken the test, the benefit of the knowledge that papers were easy, and even when difficult, manageable within the time limit. My DC did not have the benefit of this information when she took her test yesterday so I ask, why would you give this information to someone else who is competing for a place just like your dc!

May I please request that we refrain from providing any information until after the reserve date.

T
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now