St Joan of Arc, Rickmansworth

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
handbag50

St Joan of Arc, Rickmansworth

Post by handbag50 »

Hi, Just returned from St Joan of Arc, Rickmansworth, Impressed!!!
Anyone have any info about this school

Thanks
RomaWhelan

Re: St Joan of Arc, Rickmansworth

Post by RomaWhelan »

Hi, Joan of Arc Rickmansworth is another great Catholic school, with an outstanding status in their last Ofsted report. Like St Michaels in Garston, your child does not need to sit an 11 plus exam to gain entry to this school. Your child will secure a place if they are practising Catholics, and this has been confirmed in writing by your local parish priest. Joan of Arc has approx 210 places to offer in Year 7, in comparison to St Michaels 180 places. Another point to bear in mind, is that St Joan's, does not have feeder schools, whereas St Michaels give priority to children attending 8 feeder catholic primary schools. As a result, your child has a better chance of securing a place at this school, if they are not attending a Catholic primary school (as long as you are practising Catholics that is). Quite a few children from my local school have secured places at Joan of Arc over the last few years, even though their primary school was not Catholic. Hope this helps and good luck in the choices you make.
handbag50

Post by handbag50 »

Ooops.... forgot to say thank you for all the great information.
Cricket

Post by Cricket »

I have friends with both dss and dds at St Joan of Arc who are all very happy with the school. I have also heard very good things about SEN provision for those that need it. No use to me as not a Catholic so too risky to consider.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

When they get to years with more children, for example those applying for entry in 2015 onwards, what will they do if there are more practising Catholics than there are places? I ask because in both DD's and DS's Y4 classes, there seemed to be an unprecedented number of children taking their first Holy Communion earlier this year. Anecdotally the years below that seem extra large with additional classes being laid on in some schools. What do JOA use as a tie-breaker?
decaff

Post by decaff »

Distance is used as a tie breaker.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now