South Herts consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
maznaq

South Herts consortium

Post by maznaq »

Hi all. Someone just informed me that the highest score achieved this year was 262 is that correct? Has anyone heard that? And how can we find out. Many thanks.
Daogroupie

Re: South Herts consortium

Post by Daogroupie »

We do not know what the highest score was. Only the school does. One of my candidates scored quite a bit higher than this. I do not feel at liberty to mention the exact score as it is not mine to give but I would be happy to collate scores if people want to send them to me by pm and then we can get some idea of what a mark really means.
Last edited by Daogroupie on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

After lurking on this board for a while, this thread has prompted me to post for the first time as DS scored higher than 262 in the S.W.Herts consortium exam. It has been suggested on another thread that we shouldn't post exact scores out of sensitivity to those whose children scored lower than expected, so if anyone wants to know his exact score (and breakdown of Maths vs VR) then you'll have to PM me

To give people an idea about what the background and preparation he put in: he goes to a state school which gave the children one practice paper in September 2012. He didn't have a tutor; I started trying to go through the Susan Daughtrey books with him myself but he was having none of it as he felt that he wanted to devise his own methods and techniques. So I limited myself to giving him two Bond ten minute tests per week during Y5 and half a dozen practice papers (Athey, Alpha) over the summer. I did one 'mock test' at home with him the weekend before, where I asked him to sit one of each paper with a break in between.

I am v.proud of his score (although we haven't told him exact numbers), especially as (a) he didn't have time to finish the VR paper, let alone check it, and (b) he has additional needs.

I'm not sure how one would find out the highest score in this particular cohort.
Last edited by 3b1g on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Also want to add that I have found DG's input to the board v.helpful, so thank you.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thanks for posting 3blg. I would like to know your score and breakdown if you could pm me. I have had to amend my post as I got mixed up with QE so you might want to amend yours! DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now