Watford boys school

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

zuli

Watford boys school

Post by zuli »

We are living within mile of watford grammar school (boys) please let me know their is any chances to get in any one know last year how many scores were children living closest to dchool
zuli

Watford boys school

Post by zuli »

We are living with in half mile of watford boys school my son scores are 219 is yheir sny chsnces to get in watford boys school and what is inner and outer area
Apu1923

Re: Watford boys school

Post by Apu1923 »

look at the following link and click the necessary links for historical scores and admission arrangements
http://www.watfordboys.org/index.php?op ... &Itemid=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BaldPeg

Post by BaldPeg »

Your son's score is probably not enough to secure a place on academic ability at Watford Grammar School for Boys. However, he might qualify on proximity or distance, so it worth selecting the school if he is keen to go there. If you live within a mile of school you will be in the inner catchment area.

Other schools he could consider are Queen's and Bushey Meads which are both good, partially selective schools. His score might be enough for Rickmansworth School, but he is unlikely to qualify under any other criteria (unless he has a sibling already at the school).

He might also qualify for the 'Grammar' stream at Westfield.
zee786

Post by zee786 »

Hi

We live 1.5 miles from Watford Boys and my son score was 243 do you think he stands
a good chance of getting this school as it is my possible second school listed nearest to my address. Does anyone know what sort of score they are looking for this year as I haven't
come across anyone with a very high score yet
WP

Post by WP »

There are high scores, but we've asked them not to post. You really have to use past years' data to get an approximate idea, though no-one knows for sure what will happen this year (not even the schools). If you're in the inner area, you have a pretty good chance. But remember to put the schools in your true preference order, regardless of scores.
jzw22

Post by jzw22 »

zee786 wrote:Hi
We live 1.5 miles from Watford Boys and my son score was 243 do you think he stands
a good chance of getting this school...
Your best bet is to look at the stats on the sticky page at the top of this section of the forum http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=10227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

243 looks like it should get you a place (it would have in the last 3 years) but you might not get it in the first round in March.

Unfortunately it depends on what the other 400+ applicants from the inner zone scored but every reason to be optimistic.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now