Good luck to parents still waiting for results, ie. HBS, DAO and Latymer (round 1).
While you are twiddling your thumbs, do any of these questions currently feature in your thinking? (These may also be relevant to QE and MHCHS applicants who have not yet submitted their CAFs.)
1. If your DC achieves a 'very' high score at a school that would not have been your first choice, will you change your CAF preferences and place this over a school for which you have a less secure (borderline) score? Is the received wisdom that applicants stick with their original preferences, get on CI lists, and live with an extended period of uncertainty?
2. If your DC gets a low or borderline score at your first choice of school, will you still list it as first choice? Will you omit schools on the CAF for which DC seems to have little chance of getting a place? Are there other schools which you would consider adding now you know you'd be wasting a choice on a selective?
3. If your DC gets a 'very' high mark at QE, DAO, MCHSH or HBS, and also gets through the first round of Latymer, will you still commit your DC to taking Latymer round 2 at the end of November?
4. If your DC gets a low score and is unlikely to be offered a place at a selective school, have you come to terms with your non-selective Plan B that may not offer what you originally wanted for your DC? How much do you really know about the local school/s for which they will definitely secure a place?
5. Are your CAF preferences affected by sibling policies, with particular reference to DAO and MHCHS?
6. Have you spoken in any depth with parents of the schools for which you are applying or prioritising?
Although these choices will settle themselves before the end of the month, what's your current thinking?