Oxford Study Circle

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watford

Oxford Study Circle

Post by watford »

Dear all

Has anyone used these tutors - Oxford Study Circle?

Asking on behalf of my sister.

Thanks!
Long Journey

Re: Oxford Study Circle

Post by Long Journey »

Hi Watford, Bit late here but we used them for a couple of taster lessons and don't rate them at all. Decided to DIY after that. If I'd seen their website first I wouldn't have even bothered going as it doesn't exactly inspire you with confidence.

Once you've got into secondary school they seem to have more delights to offer in the form of another course of tutoring. From the website:

The aim of the course is to help children who are entering to the secondary school in this September with ICT, Maths and English. Most of the school will test the children on the first month or First term to group them into different sets based on their ability. We will help them to achieve the highest score so that they will be selected into the top sets.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Long Journey wrote:The aim of the course is to help children who are entering to the secondary school in this September with ICT, Maths and English. Most of the school will test the children on the first month or First term to group them into different sets based on their ability. We will help them to achieve the highest score so that they will be selected into the top sets.
I know nothing of this 'outfit' but my advice would be that if they can't get someone to write their promotional material grammatically correctly, they probably can't do it themselves and are not worth the gravy on the train they are trying to catch :D
mad?
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

I did say that mad? but was trying to be more polite :lol: .
mad?

Post by mad? »

Long Journey wrote:I did say that mad? but was trying to be more polite :lol: .
I know, just felt compelled to provide emphasis! Shocking really isn't it? :shock:
mad?