Music Admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fly

Music Admission

Post by Fly »

Hi,

Can anyone advise on the criteria for music admission to the following schools?
- Latymer
- Dame Alice Owens
- City of London Boys

Unfortunately, I missed the Open Days of these schools. From the schools' website, Latymer stated that dc required Grade 5 distinction. When I contacted the school to enquire if we need to send any certificate to justify that dc is at Grade 5 level, I didn't get any definitive answer. The reply was another copy of the prospective which I had downloaded from their website. If a certificate is not required then I will not bother to let dc sit for grade 5 exam but just go for the audition.

From DAO's website, it seems that parents only have to fill in the application form for music application.

Can anyone please advise if I have to submit any official music exam. cert. by an external body in order to apply for the music admission especially for Latymer?

Can you please also advise how are the music assessment carried out especially for Latymer and City of London Boys?

Thanks in advance
Daogroupie

Re: Music Admission

Post by Daogroupie »

At DAO, you need to be in the catchment area and you need to get 46 or above out of 60 on the aural to be able to audition. What instrument does dc play? In most instruments you would need to be playing at Grade 6 or above to get a place as there are Grade 8's who apply. PM if you need more detail. DG