Many many thanks for your kind reply. Good to have some first hand information and I shall follow up on your advice.
Watford Grammar Dad wrote:
1. The children take two papers, back to back, on a Saturday: Maths and Verbal Reasoning. The school acts as a consortium, which means that if you apply for more than one Watford based Grammar School then the single set of exams suffice (i.e. the results) are shared by all the schools.
2. The exams last year were in early November.
3. The exams are written by Nfer-Nelson, available at a discount on this website (25%).
4. Multiple Choice
5. Not sure, but a comfort level is circa 125
6. Prepare through serious practice - Watford Grammar is a partially selective school, which means that siblings get into the school without exams, and they offer a number of music scholarships, thus the competition for the remaining places is very tough.
7. There is no book, but they have a very helpful admissions team, and make sure you attend the open days in October. If you miss that day, you will be offered private tours of the school too.
If you are confused please call the school or alternatively this website as they know they school well and advised me brilliantly last year. My son completed 50 minute the exams in less than 20 minutes each using the free tips I got on the phone.