Allocation stats for 2013-2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AlisonR

Allocation stats for 2013-2014

Post by AlisonR »

http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/edl ... cdaystats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some reading material to keep us occupied until 18.00.

Alison
daisyduke

Re: Allocation stats for 2013-2014

Post by daisyduke »

Alison, this is dynamite, thank you so much for posting, my neighbour only put one choice down, and I can see the class at her school got 100% of ranked schools offered, so that must mean she's in!!
WP

Post by WP »

Well spotted, Alison! (For some reason the Herts site is a bit slow today.) The second report is the more interesting, as most of the schools people are after are their admissions authorities, and have a blank page in the first report.

I see there are still 96 ontime Non-Ranked Allocations in Watford and 48 in Three Rivers, and there's only a tiny reduction over the whole county. They would have been hoping to reduce this with the extra preference and people having scores early.

I also note that Bushey Academy is under-allocated, with 37 NRAs, while Francis Combe and Westfield are each 15 over, with 25 and 110 NRAs respectively.

Of the 11 extra places at DAO this year, only two have gone out-of-county. Watford Boys and Girls have an extra 7 and 6 out-of-county allocations this year, presumably due the the re-introduction of the cross-sibling rule.
WP

Post by WP »

daisyduke wrote:Alison, this is dynamite, thank you so much for posting, my neighbour only put one choice down, and I can see the class at her school got 100% of ranked schools offered, so that must mean she's in!!
It means she got one of the 4 schools listed on her form.
maddad

Post by maddad »

WP wrote:
daisyduke wrote:Alison, this is dynamite, thank you so much for posting, my neighbour only put one choice down, and I can see the class at her school got 100% of ranked schools offered, so that must mean she's in!!
But if she only listed one school, then doesn't it mean she definitely got that one?
WP

Post by WP »

maddad wrote:
WP wrote:
But if she only listed one school, then doesn't it mean she definitely got that one?
Quite right. Thank you for colouring it in for me. I'm just popping out to SpecSavers.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

i find it interesting that all the fuss has been made recently about provision for more school places in 3 rivers, yet it is the central watford children who are are far less likely to get their 1st choice or even a ranked school at all. A number of children from the edge of 3 rivers go to bucks or hillingdon schools while these are not options for the watford children.
Rahhhh

Post by Rahhhh »

Mgnmum, a high percentage of secondary school places go to out of county applicants, which means the top schools cherry pick. Then the children with the slightly lower scores are all fighting for places at the good (but not top) schools. It's a disgrace
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now